Call for Nominations for two vacant places on the WHA Board
The WHA is issuing a call for nominations to join the WHA Board of Directors following the opening of two vacancies. Positions on the WHA Board are elected from the membership of the WHA and REA biomass heat members.
As per the Bye-laws, which stipulates the board categories, the two open board positions are for representatives from a:
- Wood fuel supplier member
- Non-wood fuel biomass heating member
Following the election, the newly appointed Directors will be registered as a company director of the Wood Heat Association at Companies House.
The WHA Bye-Laws can be found here, with the Board categories listed in paragraph 11.2.
The current WHA Board can also be viewed here.
The elected term of a board member is three years and the role description includes:
- Attending three to four Board meetings a year. The Board is joined by members of the REA’s Executive Team to ensure relevant information is available to the Board to enable informed decision making;
- Attend Board conference calls (usually monthly on the first Wednesday of the Month 10 am – 11 am);
- The establishment of the primary objectives of the Association and high-level oversight of the Association;
- The adoption of the annual budgets and the Business Plan;
- The representation of the Association externally;
- Take part in Board Sub-Groups;
- The approval of all expenditure beyond that adopted in the annual budget.
The Board will also be asking one of the newly appointed Directors to take on a voluntary Treasury role for the WHA Board, which will involve being the main board contact between the WHA Board and the REA accounts team.
How to make a nomination
Members can nominate either themselves or another member.
To make a nomination download and complete the WHA_Board_application_form_2019 and email it to the membership officer, Mark Sommerfeld (firstname.lastname@example.org), by 23:59 on Friday, 9th August 2018.
We will then invite members to vote (online) from the Monday 2nd September 2019 to 15th September 2019.
If you have any questions in relation to the role, or the election process, please contact Mark Sommerfeld.