Why choose biomass heat?
- Wood heating is one of the lowest cost technologies for delivering the UK’s binding 2020 renewable energy targets of 15% renewable energy
- All political parties support DECC’s ambition of 12% of heat from renewables by 2020 (up from 3% in 2013)
- Wood heating accounts for over 95% of installations under the Non-domestic RHI, and this sector has grown by more than 40% over the past six months
- A DECC RHI survey (August 2014) highlighted 90% of non-domestic customers are happy with their installations
- 700+ companies across the UK wood heating supply chain support approximately 13,500 jobs