International Training Seminar Biomass Heating – Market development and technologies
14 – 17 September 2015, Linz/Austria
The International Training Seminar focuses on small- to mid-scale projects fuelled by wood pellets and wood chips and covers solutions for homes, smaller commercial/ public buildings and district heating grids (up to a few hundred kilowatt).
The seminar offers interactive learning in an international group, educational site-visits and presentations by experts in biomass technologies, market development and environment.
The International Training Seminar is organised by the Energy Academy of the OÖ Energiesparverband, the energy agency of the region of Upper Austria. Upper Austria is a success story in high-efficiency biomass heating: more than 30 % of the heat demand is covered by clean, automatic biomass heating. Green heating has created more than 500 new jobs in Upper Austria in recent years. The OÖ Energiesparverband is also the organiser of the European Pellet Conference, the world’s largest annual event on wood pellets.
- Success factors for developing a regional/local biomass heating market
- Technology overview (combustion, emissions), system designs
- Fuel standards and logistics (wood pellets, wood chips)
- Business and financing models, marketingg
As an international training seminar, the seminar does not cover country specific information, such as specific legal aspects or funding programmes.
The seminar targets at representatives of businesses, public bodies, institutions, NGOs etc. interested in developing local/regional biomass heating markets. The seminar is especially meant for persons from countries where the market for automatic biomass heating is in a starting phase.
What does the international seminar offer?
- 3 densely-filled days with information and know-how on the technologies, economics and marketing of biomass heating!
- Practical, hands-on time with experienced people – learn from the best in the field!
- A dynamic mix of seminars, site-visits and interactive exchanges in an international group.
- A programme fully-focused on small- to mid-scale wood pellet and wood chip projects.
14 – 17 September 2015 (Start: 14 September, 17.30; end: 17 September, 18.00)
The training seminar will be held in English. (Please note that a good command of English is required.)
- 920 Euro (including 10 % VAT)
- 610 Euro (indluding 10 % VAT) for public administrations & energy agencies
Fees include the training sessions, seminar documentation, site-visits, coffee breaks and meals. Accommodation in nearby hotels in Linz is about 90-120 Euro/night (including breakfast and taxes) and is not included in the seminar fees.
Organiser & location
OÖ Energiesparverband, Energy Academy, Landstrasse 45, 4020 Linz/Austria,
email@example.com, www.oec-en.at, T. +43-732-7720-14386
For further information click here.