New WHA board, Chair and Vice Chair announced
The new WHA board has been formally sworn in and had their first board meeting in the REA offices in London yesterday.
The new board members and their categories are as follows:
- Developer, installer, manufacturer, or distributor: Alasdair Peppe, Dunster Biomass (Scotland)
- Developer, installer, manufacturer, or distributor: Mark Thomas, EcoFuels
- Developer, installer, manufacturer, or distributor: Unfulfilled
- Wood fuel supplier: Bruno Prior, Forever Fuels
- Wood fuel supplier: Julian Morgan-Jones, South East Wood Fuels
- Non-wood fuel biomass heating members: Mick Richards, Manco Energy
- Open: Neil Harrison, re:heat
- Open: Jamie Reith, Scottish Woodlands
A representative of the REA automatically sits on the WHA board. James Court, the Head of Policy & External Affairs has taken over in this role from the REA’s CEO Nina Skorupska.
Thanks for everyone who threw their hats into the ring for the election and well done to the new board members and those re-elected!
At the first board meeting yesterday Neil Harrison of re:heat was elected to become the new Chair and Julian Morgan Jones of South East Woodfuels was elected to become Deputy Chair – a reverse of their roles under the previous 3 year WHA administration. Well done to both – the future direction of the WHA is in safe and secure hands. We know that both will put a great deal of effort into their roles and push for improved biomass policy support.