2020 WHA and UKPC Wood Heat Conference: March 30th – 1st April 2020, Thinktank Birmingham
2020 will be a critical year for the wood heat industry. The urgency for cutting carbon emissions in heat has increased over the last twelve months, in part thanks to the UK’s world-leading commitment to reach net zero by 2050. The Government’s upcoming roadmap for heat decarbonisation is therefore going to be of fundamental importance moving forward, finally establishing the future heat policy required to grow the biomass heat sector.
For the second time the WHA and UK Pellet Council, the two leading industry bodies for biomass heat, are teaming up to co-host Wood Heat 2020, demonstrating a unified voice for the industry. The conference will highlight the use of biomass heat in both rural and urban areas; exemplify the situations in which it is the ideal solution for heat decarbonisation, while also making clear how the industry is ensuring that installation and sustainability standards continue to be strengthened.
The conference programme is carefully put together to provide all the information relevant to the biomass heat and CHP industry, and brings together individuals from across the supply chain for two days of technical, legislative and market updates, as well as the opportunity to network.
The conference will include speakers from Government, industry and the public sector.
Now in its sixth year, Wood Heat 2020 will provide you with the insights, knowledge and contacts to keep pace in an evolving industry, but it will also offer the opportunity to build consensus and face the challenges we share in the UK biomass energy sector.
Conference topics to Include:
- Biomass Heat Market Development
- Biomass Efficiencies and Emissions
- Minimising Emissions from Biomass Combustion
- Update on the RHI from Ofgem and BEIS
- Health and Safety in Biomass Heating Systems
- The Role of Biomass in UK District Heating
- Biomass Heat Works Campaign Update
- State of the Wood Fuel Market
The full programme can be viewed by clicking this link: Wood Heat 2020 Conference Programme
- Dates: 30 March – 1 April
- Venue: Thinktank Birmingham
Delegate Early Bird Rate
- REA | WHA | UKPC Members – 2 Day Conference & Dinner £275
- All Non-Members – 2 Day Conference & Dinner £375
- Please note the prices shown exclude VAT
Prices will increase on 1st February 2020 when “early bird” bookings close.
Book your place now
Spread the word on social media using #WHAC2020