Setting the Bar High: The wood heat and CHP industry conference convenes in November
- Leading companies in the UK biomass heat industry to meet this November 4th and 5th as non-domestic installations pass the 12,000 mark in the UK
- Conference is expected to host 120 international and local speakers with delegates from across the UK.
- To be held across from the beautiful floating harbour in the former Bristol Industrial Museum.
The United Kingdom’s largest wood and biomass heat association this year is hosting Wood Heat 2015: Raising Our Standard, the trade conference for those in the biomass heat and combined heat and power (CHP) industries. It will be hosted in Bristol on November 4th and 5th.
The UK wood heat industry continues to grow, fuelled by enterprising companies, technological innovation, and effective support from the Renewable Heat Incentive. The conference will be an opportunity for delegates to hear speakers from the sector, fuel and boiler experts, government, industry analysts, and local and international businesses.
Topics will include:
- The market and policy outlook for biomass heat and CHP in the UK
- Findings from recent DECC research on the biomass industry,
- An industry Code of Practice for biomass heat
- Market lessons from the biomass heat sectors in Scotland, Austria and the USA;
- Outlooks and standards for feedstock in the UK
Richard Weeks, Hall Construction in Hull, noted the following about last year’s conference:
“All the movers and shakers of the industry openly sharing their knowledge and their time meant I got an honest picture of the sector as a whole.”
Frank Aaskov, Policy Analyst with the Wood Heat Association said that:
“This event is a golden opportunity for companies and organisations associated with the wood and biomass heat industry to gain insight into the market and policy.”
For more information or to request an interview, please contact:
Neil Harrison – reheat
Vice Chair, Wood Heat Association
M: +44 (0) 1665 667 085
T: +44 (0) 7917 632 171
Notes to editors
Webpage for the event:
About the Wood Heat Association (WHA)
The WHA is the UK trade association for the modern wood heating and related biomass heating industry including wood fuel suppliers, biomass boiler and stove installers and distributors, and anyone involved in the supply chain. The WHA is a fully owned subsidiary of the Renewable Energy Association. Members range in size from major multinationals to sole traders.