Call for Nominations for vacant place on the WHA Board
After the recent election of a new WHA Board, seven Board members were elected to the Wood Heat Association’s Board of Directors. However, one position was left unfilled, due to the Board categories, where only two people were nominated in the “Developer, installer, manufacturer, or distributor” category, where there were three positions. The WHA Board has therefore chosen to issue an election for the final position.
The WHA Board of Directors will be elected from the membership of the WHA and REA biomass heat members. The board position is as follows:
- Developer, installer, manufacturer, or distributor
The Board will be registered as company directors of the Wood Heat Association on Companies House. The WHA Bye-Laws can be found here.
The role description of the WHA Board of Directors include:
- Attending four quarterly Board meetings. The Board is joined by members of the REA’s Executive Team to ensure relevant information is available to the Board to enable informed decision making;
- Attend Board conference calls (usually 2 times per quarter);
- The establishment of the primary objectives of the Association and a high-level oversight of the Association;
The adoption of the annual budgets and the Business Plan;
- The representation of the Association externally;
- Take part in Board Sub-Groups;
- The approval of all expenditure beyond that adopted in the annual budget.
To nominate yourself please please download and complete the WHA Board application form_2018 and email it to Mark Sommerfeld (msommerfeld